The Connections Committee at CCPC seeks to enhance our congregation's spiritual growth by encouraging all members to recognize and utilize their gifts, both in their daily lives and in service of God’s purposes in the wider world. Because the church community is a vital resource fueling our spiritual growth, the committee helps members participate more fully in the life of the church, sponsors church events to share food and fellowship, and assists visitors in becoming active members of our church community.
We encourage you to connect with other members of the church through participation in a variety of small groups:
- Mariners – A fellowship group for 40+ adults which meets several times each year to enjoy social gatherings in informal settings, some at CCPC and others at the homes of members or planned settings.
- Women’s Circles – Monthly meetings for fellowship, study and support for women of all ages.
- Men’s Fellowship – Newly-forming discussions of masculine spirituality organized by the Rev. Ed White.
- Young Women’s Fellowship Group – Fellowship gatherings for mom’s and young women in the congregation several times a year.
- The Needlework Group – A mission-minded group that knits and crochets prayer shawls, baby blankets, hats and scarves for TAP and lap robes for our church family and extended community.
- Plus Bible Study Groups, musical groups, mission groups, etc. listed on other ministry pages.
We are a congregation that values friendship and encourages fellowship throughout the year, so we hope you’ll join us when we gather for
- Sunday Brunch – At 10:30 during the program year in Chadsey Hall (following First Service)
- Soup, Salad, Sandwiches and Sweets – At 12:00 p.m. in Chadsey Hall on several first Sundays of the month through the program year
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper – From 5:30-7:30 on the day before Lent begins
- Homecoming and Pentecost Picnics – All-church picnics which frame our program year
- All-Church Brunches – Following 10:00 a.m. worship on Stewardship Sunday and Annual Meeting Sunday
- Annual Men's Cookout - Event for men in the congregation during mid-September. Grill your own steak and join in a time of fellowship at Seneca Creek State Park. Keep an eye out for information on this year's picnic! We will be picking a date soon
- Deck the Halls – Intergenerational evening in early December featuring a catered meal, creating Christmas ornaments and decorations, and decorating the sanctuary Christmas Tree
We welcome you to consider becoming a member of the Chevy Chase Presbyterian Church. Inquirers’ Classes are held four times each year from 12:15—3:30 p.m. in Room 250 (Geneva Hall) at CCPC. The class is open to those who may have decided to become members and to persons exploring their call to Christian discipleship. The afternoon includes a brief overview of the history, beliefs, and traditions of the Presbyterian Church (USA) as well as an outline of specific opportunities for using your gifts in ministry. Contact the Rev. Lynn Jostes (202-362-2352, ext. 22, or ) for more information or to sign up.
Learn More About Ways You Can Connect with CCPC
- Circle 4 (Dedicated to Bible Study) 3rd Thursday daytime– Linda Glew, leader
- Circle 11 (2nd Monday evening) – Margaret Bacon and Alice Weichert, chairs
- Wednesday Evening Circle (1st Wednesday evening) – Dale Kasab, contact person.
Upcoming Events, click on the links for more information: