The Connections Committee at CCPC seeks to enhance our congregation's spiritual growth by encouraging all members to recognize and utilize their gifts, both in their daily lives and in service of God’s purposes in the wider world. Because the church community is a vital resource fueling our spiritual growth, the committee helps members participate more fully in the life of the church, sponsors church events to share food and fellowship, and assists visitors in becoming active members of our church community.
We encourage you to connect with other members of the church through participation in a variety of small groups:
- Mariners – A fellowship group for adults age 40+, which meets several times each year to enjoy social gatherings in informal settings, some at CCPC and others at the homes of members or planned settings.
- Women’s Circles – Monthly meetings for fellowship, study and support for women of all ages:
- Circle 4 (Dedicated to Bible Study) 3rd Thursday daytime– Linda Glew, leader.
- Circle 11 (2nd Monday evening) – Margaret Bacon and Alice Weichert, chairs.
- Wednesday Evening Circle (1st Wednesday evening) – Dale Kasab, contact person.
- Men’s Fellowship – Discussions of masculine spirituality organized by the Rev. Ed White.
- Young Women’s Fellowship Group – Fellowship gatherings for moms and young women in the congregation several times a year.
- The Needlework Group – Knitting, crocheting, and quilting prayer shawls, baby blankets, and lap robes at weekly meetings to support CCPC's pastoral care.
- Plus Bible Study groups, musical groups, mission groups, etc. listed on other ministry pages.
We are a congregation that values friendship and encourages fellowship throughout the year, so we hope you’ll join us when we gather for:
- Sunday Brunch – At 10:30 during the program year in Chadsey Hall (following the first service).
- Soup, Salad, Sandwiches and Sweets – At 12:00 p.m. in Chadsey Hall on six of the first Sundays of the month through the program year. Marye Cotton is the coordinator.
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper – From 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the day before Lent begins.
- Homecoming and Pentecost Picnics – All-church picnics which frame our program year.
- All-Church Brunches – Following 10:00 a.m. worship on Stewardship Sunday and Annual Meeting Sunday.
- Annual Men's Cookout - Event for men of the congregation in mid-September. Grill your own steak and join in a time of fellowship at Seneca Creek State Park.
- Deck the Halls – Intergenerational evening in early December featuring a catered meal, followed by the creation of Christmas ornaments and decorations and the decoration of the sanctuary's Christmas tree.
We welcome you to consider becoming a member of the Chevy Chase Presbyterian Church. Inquirers’ Classes are held several times each year from 12:15 to 3:30 p.m. in Room 250 (Geneva Hall) at CCPC. The class is open to those who may have decided to become members and to persons exploring their call to Christian discipleship. The afternoon includes a brief overview of the history, beliefs, and traditions of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) as well as an outline of specific opportunities for using your gifts in ministry. Contact Kristen Riley (202-362-2202 or ) for more information or to sign up.
Ways You Can Connect with CCPC